Winter dormancy is coming fast for grapevines, and that season has come for this blog as well.
It’s hard for me to believe that it’s been a month since I wrote a blog post. And it’s hard for me to believe we’re in the middle of October. Here’s what I’ve been doing in the past month:
- I’ve been in several medical offices for tests and appointments.
- I had to release a subcontractor for performance reasons, and now I’m working to clean that up with a new subcontractor.
- I’ve been working on Instagram for Business for Dummies, Second Edition, which is almost done. Wiley will publish this book in February.
- I’m neck-deep writing a series of Microsoft Office Specialist exam prep books for Sybex.
- I sometimes take and share photos, including Mars at opposition as you can see below.
- And I’m interviewing people and writing articles for the Amador Business Ticker.
I also have two potential clients who are on hold. One of them disappeared, and I’m also concerned because I want to use her website as the basis for my “build WordPress sites fast” series of posts. I hope she comes back so I can finish that series (and her site).
Taking Care of Myself
Those medical visits are good to make sure my body is still working as well as it can, but I’m no closer to resolving my serious migraine side effects. So, keeping busy keeps me sane. It also means I don’t have as much energy, and I have to figure out how to manage my time better.
That means I have to stop updating this blog until I can get through the Office Specialist books. The chapters are long and there are a lot of additional documents such as practice exams, flashcards, and glossaries. That book will keep me busy for the rest of the year.
Worse, I’m already behind in implementing a new business structure based on the Profitable Project Plan. I’m not as concerned about that, because I want to take my time to build that structure the right way.
Where to Find Me
Okay, enough griping. I’m going to keep this blog online so you can read posts from the past. I will focus instead on my social media profiles (another neglected area) to pass along not just news, but also stories I think are interesting. You can view and follow my social links here:
Winter dormancy is not a bad thing for grapevines or blogs. Come spring, they come back healthy and ready to grow again.
Eric Butow is the owner of Butow Communications Group (BCG). Eric can help you communicate online in a way that’s best for you. Set up a meeting with BCG!