Managing Facebook likes isn’t something I thought of during my annual New Year’s editing. That editing included deleting old e-mail messages, shredding papers I no longer needed for tax purposes, and updating my social media cover photos.
However, at the end of last year I decided to unlike someone. At the same time, I received many more ads and posts from people I didn’t recognize. Facebook told me I liked these people, so I decided to search for a list of my Facebook likes.
Facebook didn’t make that job easy, but I accessed the list after a few minutes of trial and error. I found over 500 likes. Many of them were duplicates and I didn’t recognize half of them, anyway. I got to work and trimmed down my total likes to 236. That list includes interests, books, and other stuff. When I counted my likes manually, the list was an agreeable 124.
On the Facebook Website
So, here’s how to avoid my pain and view your Likes as well as delete a Like:
- Click your name in the upper-left corner.
- In the menu bar below the cover photo, click More.
- Click Likes in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll up and down to view all your likes.
- Move the mouse pointer over the Like button for the person or organization you want to unlike.
- Click Unlike in the drop-down box.
You can click Like to like it again, but if you refresh the page then all the unliked pages disappear from the Likes screen. When you finish editing your likes, return to the news feed page by clicking the Facebook logo in the upper-left corner of the screen.
On the Facebook Mobile Site
The Facebook mobile site makes it harder to get to your Likes, but you can get there. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap your name at the top of the Menu screen.
- In your profile screen, tap See Your About Info at the bottom of the screen shown in the screenshot.
- Swipe up until you see the Likes section.
- Tap See All within the Likes section (the link is on the right side of the screen).
- Tap All Likes at the top of the Likes screen.
- Swipe up and down in the screen to review all your likes.
- Tap on the profile photo (or logo) of the like you want to unlike.
- In the company or profile screen, tap the blue Liked icon.
- Tap the Unlike button at the bottom of the screen.
The blue Liked icon turns into a white Like icon. Return to your list of Likes by tapping the back icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. When you finish editing your likes, return to the news feed screen by clicking the Home icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
I hope these instructions help you with managing Facebook likes, and that your 2020 is off to a prosperous start!