BCG is 25 years old today. And I’m preoccupied with one question: How can I add more value?
I can answer that question only by acknowledging a few things I’ve learned.
In 2012, I finished the Think Big Program from Swiss Avenue Partners with a new direction for BCG. I offered companies long-term website and social media development plans to keep their customer communication relevant.
Businesses hated it.
I discovered businesses want services they need when they need them — and not tied to a long-term contract. Flexible BCG services help my clients bring the fruits of their labor closer to their customers, which is what the BCG logo is all about.
I also have less energy than I did in 2012 and I know why.
So, with all that in mind, my plans for Year 26 include:
- Focus on growing my business. I work with three new partners who help me develop modern websites and brands with the flexibility businesses need.
- Build this blog by writing articles using The Content Pyramid structure that makes this blog search-friendly.
- Send my weekly BCG Brief e-newsletter that you can sign up for by going to my website and wait 15 seconds for the pop-up signup form.
- Keep writing books. Wiley will soon publish two books I co-authored this year: Programming Interviews for Dummies in September and Instagram for Dummies in October.
- Remain involved in the business community. I’ll join one other chamber this year, mail a marketing piece to chamber members, and attend as many events as possible.
- Launch a business news website for Amador County residents.
If you think I can add even more value, please let me know. I always welcome your input and as proud as I am that BCG is 25, I’m more excited about the year ahead.